The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer full of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to pull off their transfers. See all the major deals here and check out how we graded the biggest signings. But just because the window is shut until January, that doesn't mean the rumours won't keep coming.
TOP STORY: Dortmund see Werner as Haaland replacement
Haaland, 21, has attracted interest across Europe during the window, but Dortmund kept hold of the striker even though a €75 million release clause kicks in next summer. SportBild reports that Germany international Werner is a "surprising solution" for Dortmund.
Dortmund executive Michael Zorc has been tasked with finding a replacement that would fit the style of coach Marco Rose, and former RB Leipzig striker Werner has emerged as a target. However, the Chelsea striker is said to be on €20m-a-season on his Premier League deal, meaning a pay cut would be necessary if he were to switch to Signal Iduna Park.
Rivals Bayern Munich have also been linked with a move for Werner, who has seen his opportunities reduced by the arrival of Romelu Lukaku at Stamford Bridge. Werner scored an impressive 28 goals in 34 Bundesliga appearances for Leipzig but he couldn't live up to that form in England, scoring just six goals in 35 Premier League outings.
Speaking at the Bagno a Ripoli sports facility, Commisso said: "He is a good lad, he is good for Florence, I hope he stays for a long time. Will he sign the new contract? I won't make promises I am not certain that I can keep."
21.42 BST: More than 2,500 fans attended Radamel Falcao's unveiling at Rayo Vallecano on Thursday. The 35-year-old joined Rayo as a free agent on transfer deadline day after terminating his contract with Galatasaray.
The former Atletico Madrid player said: "One of my aims is to be in the Colombian national team. We are fighting for a spot in the World Cup in Qatar and what better way than to come to this club that gives me the opportunity to play.
"I'm thrilled to be at Rayo. My dream is to give all of the fans many goals and a lot of joy.
"I feel good. I've taken advantage and I've been able to focus on my fitness in the last few months. Perhaps I didn't have consistency because I knew that I was going to leave Galatasaray. I need continuity, to have minutes and I'm certain that I have that, all will go well.
"I know what the aims are at Rayo. We are ready for this. Everyone here wants to win. As soon as we achieve our aim, which is to defend our league status, we can dream of achieving higher things."
21.26 BST: Liverpool have opened talks with FC Salzburg over in-demand 19-year-old Karim Adeyemi, according to CalcioInPillole. Jurgen Klopp's side are said to be in the driving seat for the star who has been in electric form so far this season, scoring six goals and adding an assist in seven games. The winger also earned his first cap for Germany this month, scoring against Armenia during a World Cup qualifier.
20.53 BST: Manchester United defender Diogo Dalot could ask to leave if he is not given enough playing time, writes Calciomercato. The right-back received interest from Borussia Dortmund over the summer but chose to stay at Old Trafford, and with Aaron Wan-Bissaka currently the preferred right-back, the 22-year-old is yet to be guaranteed minutes as a starter for Ole Gunnar-Solskjaer's side.
20.20 BST: Arsenal may have to fend off interest in 17-year-old prospect Charlie Patino, with the Mirror reporting that the forward is on the radar of Barcelona. The prospect could feature on the bench for the upcoming clash against AFC Wimbledon on Sept. 22, with the boyhood Blaugrana fan's performances for the Gunners and England youth setups capturing the attention of both Mikel Arteta and the LaLiga giants.
19.47 BST: Leeds United are set to offer Kalvin Phillips a new contract, according to Football Insider. The midfielder will be offered fresh terms that include a three-year extension as a reward for performances that have helped the Whites reestablish themselves in the Premier League. It is reported that the 25-year-old was the subject of interest throughout the summer with a number of clubs looking to tempt the academy graduate away from Elland Road, following an impressive display at Euro 2020.
19.10 BST: Former Internazionale manager Antonio Conte has revealed that Achraf Hakimi's dream is a return to Real Madrid. The Italian tactician spoke to Sky Sport Italia about how the Paris Saint-Germain star has improved his game to become one of the best right-backs in the world.
"Hakimi's dream is to return to play at Real Madrid," Conte said. "He worked a lot, he improved in the defensive phase and also in the last pass."
18.37 BST: AC Milan consider centre-back Fikayo Tomori "untouchable," according to Fabrizio Romano. Over the summer, the Rossoneri executed the £23m option to make the England international's move permanent after a successful loan spell from Chelsea. Romano reports that unlike in the Tammy Abraham transfer to AS Roma, there is no buy-back clause included in the deal for the 23-year-old, allowing the Serie A club to demand a significant fee for the centre-back should his performances begin to attract interest from Europe's top clubs.
18.04 BST: LaLiga star Ansu Fati is committed to Barcelona, despite recent reports of the player's agent offering the winger to other clubs. Mundo Deportivo reports that the 18-year-old wants to stay at Camp Nou and is prepared to accept a lower salary to help the Catalan club garner more control of their financial situation.
17.31 BST: West Ham United are monitoring 28-year-old defender Connor Goldson as a possible option in the January transfer window. Football Insider writes that the Hammers will look to take advantage of the Rangers star's contract situation, which is set to expire next summer, with the player yet to agree new terms at Ibrox.
16.58 BST: Tottenham striker Harry Kane's form is suffering because he is still distracted by his failed move to Manchester City, according to former Spurs striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Kane asked the club to let him move at the end of last season, claiming he had a gentleman's agreement with Daniel Levy, but the Spurs chairman refused to enter negotiations with the Premier League champions and Kane was denied his transfer.
Berbatov, who left Tottenham for Manchester United in a deadline-day move in 2008, believes Kane's poor performance in Saturday's 3-0 loss at Crystal Palace is down to him feeling unsettled.
"Tottenham have great players but if you aren't consistent you have nothing," Berbatov told Betfair. "Harry Kane didn't have a touch in the opposition box at Selhurst Park, the first time that's happened in his career. He's still brooding about not getting his move to City.
"Trust me, I've been in Kane's situation and there are lots of emotions going through his head at the moment. He will be thinking: 'What if that transfer had happened and I was playing for City now?' He needs to stay mentally strong because he is one of the best in the world. Once he starts scoring he will put the summer behind him and concentrate on performing for Spurs."
16.17 BST: Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes is close to agreeing a new contract at Old Trafford, The Sun reports.
Portugal international Fernandes moved to Old Trafford in January 2020 and immediately became a key player for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team, scoring 30 goals and registering 19 assists in 55 Premier League appearances for the club.
The Sun reports that the 27-year-old is set to more than double his current wage to more than £250,000 a week.
14.56 BST: Barcelona have opened talks to extend Ronald Araujo's contract, various sources have told ESPN's Moises Llorens and Sam Marsden. The defender's current terms are due to expire in 2023 and Barca want to tie him down to a new long-term deal following his impressive performances for the first team.
Araujo, 22, joined Barca from Uruguayan side Boston River in 2018. He was originally part of the club's B team and made his first-team debut in 2019. Last season, he was promoted from the reserves on a permanent basis by coach Ronald Koeman, making 33 appearances in all competitions.
Barca are also in talks with several of the club's other young players over new deals. Both Ansu Fati and Pedri are out of contract next summer and negotiations to prolong their stay at Camp Nou are underway.
There have been meetings about a new contract with Ousmane Dembele's camp, too, with the French forward's terms up in 2022 as well, while president Joan Laporta confirmed recently that Sergi Roberto will also sign a new deal soon.
14.04 BST: Mikel Arteta has dismissed reports of a rift with goalkeeper Bernd Leno but challenged the Germany international to rise to the challenge of competing with Aaron Ramsdale for Arsenal's No1 spot.
Leno was dropped last weekend as the Gunners secured their first win of the Premier League season with a 1-0 victory over Norwich. Ramsdale made his League debut following a £32m summer switch from Sheffield United, after which reports emerged in Germany suggesting Leno had reacted badly but had been told he would start the north London derby against Tottenham later this month.
"No, that's not true," Arteta said on Thursday ahead of Saturday's trip to Burnley. "He responded, you can be frustrated, but you he was top with his team-mates in training with everything so that is not true.
"I don't know where they are coming from but they are ahead of me! I think I am the one who picks the team at the weekend and sometimes I read things that I haven't decided yet. They give me ideas at the most, but nothing else because I haven't made a decision for Saturday -- so imagine [if I had] for the north London derby.
"What we want to do is empower performance and ask them to train behave and play the best possible way. How can I guarantee somebody something?
"It wouldn't make sense with what we are demanding them to do. So it is on a daily basis, what you did three months ago in football, it doesn't count. So is what you're going to do today and tomorrow, and that's it.
"Aaron has come here to try to make us better. We needed a result on that day and I decided to play him. That's all."
13.11 BST: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp praised striker Divok Origi's performance in Wednesday's thrilling 3-2 win over AC Milan in the Champions League, and admits he surprised that clubs haven't made bids to sign the forward.
Origi, 26, made his first appearance for Liverpool since March at Anfield, where Liverpool came from 2-1 down to win their Group B opener.
"He played a super game, he had cramps," Klopp said. "People forget how good he is, it's just it's difficult to get in this team.
"So in the summer transfer window, there will become a proper offer -- but obviously people don't watch football enough.
"Divock is an incredible striker and did really well. Yeah boss, spectacular, a European night at Anfield, I love it!"
12.13 BST: Chelsea are risking losing Antonio Rudiger on a free transfer next summer as they refuse to meet his demands over a new contract, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.
The 28-year-old has entered the final year of his existing deal at Stamford Bridge and there has been little progress in talks over an extension since Euro 2020 finished in July.
Sources have told ESPN Rudiger wants to double his £100,000-a-week wage to sign what would likely be the last big deal of his career. Chelsea have so far only indicated they are willing to offer around £150,000-a-week and the impasse has alerted the interest of several top European clubs.
The financial impact of COVID-19 has limited the transfer power of many top sides and so the prospect of a Champions League winning centre-back in the peak years of his career being available for nothing will likely attract Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and Juventus -- all of whom have previously expressed an interest in Rudiger.
He will be free to talk to overseas clubs directly from Jan. 1. Rudiger also previously said he discussed a move to London rivals Tottenham Hotspur last summer when Jose Mourinho was in charge.
11.18 BST: Barcelona made a late bid to sign Leeds United forward Rodrigo on loan from Leeds United, The Athletic reports.
Rodrigo has scored Premier League goals since signing for Leeds from Valencia in a £27m transfer last summer. The 30-year-old has started only 17 games in the competition, with another 12 appearances from the bench.
But the Yorkshire club still dismissed Barca's approach out of hand when it came in just hours before the summer transfer deadline on Aug. 31, according to The Athletic.
10.21 BST: Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers insists he is relaxed after midfielder Youri Tielemans revealed he is keeping his options open over his future at the club.
Tielemans, 24, is in talks with Leicester over a new contract to replace his current one, which expires in 2023. The Belgium international told Sky in an interview earlier this week: "I'm open to everything. The transfer market has just closed, but I want to keep as many options as I can open."
When asked about the situation on Wednesday, Rodgers told a news conference: "There's no drama with it. It's just the reality of the situation.
"It only becomes a problem to me if there's a lack of commitment or there's not the same intensity but that's never been the case with Youri.
"It's natural, he is a very talented player who is in discussions with the club and we'll see where that takes us."
What to make of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe playing together?
Frank Leboeuf provides his thoughts on Neymar, Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe starting together for the first time with PSG.
09.28 BST: Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has said he expects Kylian Mbappe to stay beyond this season and denied that the club received a final deadline-day offer worth €200m from Real Madrid for the forward.
The French club refused to negotiate over a deal for Mbappe last month, despite the 22-year-old having just a year left on his contract. Sources in Madrid previously told ESPN that Madrid made bids of €160m, €180m and finally €200m on Aug. 31 before the transfer window closed.
"I don't see Mbappe leaving at the end of the season," Leonardo told Canal+ before Wednesday's Champions League trip to Club Brugge. "The relationship Kylian has with PSG is deep. Nobody is thinking about the future of PSG without Kylian. I can't imagine it."
Mbappe, Lionel Messi and Neymar made their European debut as a trio in Belgum, but Mbappe limped off early in the second half of the 1-1 draw with an injury.
08.30 BST: Leon Goretzka has officially signed a contract extension at Bayern Munich. The 26-year-old midfielder was into the final year of his deal with the Bundesliga champions, and is now committed to the club through to 2026.
"We've won everything there is to win over the past three years," Goretzka said. "But what would be even better than winning titles is confirming and repeating these successes. We want to build on this in the coming years.
"The team, the club and the environment are not just highly professional, but also familiar. This mixture is one of the things that guarantees success at this club. I'm very happy to be extending my contract until 2026."
Bayern signed the Germany international from Schalke three years ago, and during that time he has won a hat trick of Bundesliga titles, the DFB-Pokal twice, as well as the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup, scoring 25 goals in 118 games.
- Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez is set to sign a new contract with the club after rejecting moves to Tottenham Hotspur and Atletico Madrid in the summer. Fabrizio Romano reports that the 24-year-old is going to extend his contract until 2026 with an increase in pay.
- Several unnamed Premier League clubs have joined Inter in monitoring Bologna's Mattias Svanberg. Calciomercato reports that a lot of clubs are on the trail of the Sweden international midfielder, who turns 23 in January.
- Sevilla FC are eyeing a move for Torino striker Andrea Belotti, according to Tuttosport. The 27-year-old has less than a year left on his deal and a renewal is yet to move forward. Sevilla are hoping to land the Italy international to bolster their LaLiga title challenge next season.
- Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Tottenham and Inter are all interested in a move for defender Matthias Ginter, according to Calciomercato. The 27-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season with Borussia Monchengladbach with a renewal looking unlikely.
- Chelsea are looking to tie up new contracts for Jorginho and N'Golo Kante on top of deals for Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, according to Fabrizio Romano. Jorginho and Kante both have contracts that expire in 2023 and the Blues will want to avoid contracts running down. Tuchel is currently tasked with sorting out the defence too, with three of his defenders' deals all expiring at the end of the season.