FA Cup: Man City through; Everton, West Ham dumped out in shock defeats

Manchester City are through to the FA Cup fifth round after beating Burnley 5-0 at the Etihad.

The Premier League champions, who last won the competition in 2011, made it through thanks to strikes from Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, a Kevin Long own goal and a Sergio Aguero penalty.

It was in the fifth round last season when City were surprisingly beaten by then League One Wigan, but they are safety through now.

However, 11th place Everton were the day's biggest casualty as they were knocked out by Championship strugglers Millwall in a pulsating affair which the East Londoners won 3-2.

Richarlison's long-range effort squirmed under Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer, but Lee Gregory equalised almost immediately. Cenk Tosun put Everton back ahead on 72 minutes, but again the hosts cancelled it out within three minutes as Jake Cooper bundled home.

And Murray Wallace scored a dramatic winner for Millwall in fourth minute of stoppage time.

AFC Wimbledon were also among the giant killers as well with the League One strugglers humbling West Ham 4-2 in a gripping tie in southwest London.

Wimbledon, bottom of England's third tier, took full advantage of a lacklustre West Ham display with Kwesi Appiah putting them ahead before Scott Wagstaff's double either side of half-time saw them lead Manuel Pellegrini's side 3-0.

West Ham, who made six changes from their last Premier League game against Bournemouth, responded with goals by Lucas Perez and Brazilian substitute Felipe Anderson.

After Wimbledon had absorbed some intense pressure from West Ham, Toby Sibbick headed past Adrian in the 88th minute to send them into the fifth round for the first time since the club was formed in 2002.

West Ham are 58 places higher than AFC Wimbledon in the English football pyramid.

AFC Wimbledon were formed by fans of former FA Cup winners Wimbledon who controversially uprooted from London to Milton Keynes in 2002 and became MK Dons.

Wolves had to come from 2-0 down to prevent a huge shock at New Meadow as they drew 2-2 with League One Shrewsbury.

Greg Docherty and Luke Waterfall scored for the Shrews before Raul Jimenez pulled one back and Matt Doherty equalised in stoppage time.

Wolves had beaten Liverpool in the third round, but will need a reply if they are to get past the side who are two tiers below them.

And another shock came as Newport County earned a replay when Matthew Dolan scored a stoppage time equaliser against Middlesbrough. Daniel Ayala had earlier given the home side the lead.

Watford came out on top in an Premier League tie as they claimed a 2-0 win away from home against Newcastle. Andre Gray and Isaac Success scored the goals.

The day's early game saw Championship promotion hopefuls Derby into the fifth round after a hard-fought 1-0 win over League One Accrington Stanley.

Martyn Waghorn scored the only goal with 12 minutes remaining, while both sides has a player sent off.

Oliver McBurnie scored two for Swansea in a 4-1 victory over Gillingham. Bersant Celina and Billy Mckay netted their other goals, while Josh Rees scored for the visitors.

Ben Whiteman was the last-gasp hero for Doncaster as he scored two to earn his side a 2-1 win over Oldham. Peter Clarke had temporarily levelled the score.

Portsmouth and QPR drew 1-1 with Lee Brown putting the home side in front before Nahki Wells equalised.

Brighton and West Brom will also go to a replay following a 0-0 draw.

Information from Reuters was used in this story.