<
>

Romero Duno all set for bout vs. Ryan Garcia

WBO-NABO Lightweight Champion Romero "Ruthless" Duno is in top form ahead of his upcoming bout against Mexican-American "King Ry" Ryan Garcia on November 2 (November 3 in Manila).

Duno has been training in Las Vegas with head coach Rodel Mayol and assistant coach Stanley Godinez. He is also under the tutelage of strength and conditioning coach Angel "Memo" Heredia who was very impressed with his hard work and dedication.

The bout will serve as the co-main event under the Canelo-Kovalev card at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas. It is also, so far, the biggest fight for the Filipino prospect.

"I am 100% ready for Garcia, I am just 4 pound above my weight limit and will have no problem shedding the extra pound. I had an excellent training camp and have never felt this good. I will get Ryan Garcia with everything I have. This is my biggest fight. My biggest break. I will not put it into waste. I know what Garcia is made of. He is strong. But I have my own game plan. As long as I follow it I know I will take home the win," Duno said.

Sanman boxing CFO Dexter Tan is also confident that Duno can shock the world with a win over Garcia.

"Everyone in his camp was impressed about his hard work. Battles are won in the training camp. So as long as Duno sticks with the plan and gives his everything, then he will be the next big name at 135. I am confident about the kid. This is his biggest break. He should grab it," Tan said.